Upcoming Live Webinar Schedule - Earn Interactive CEU
In this CE webinar, Dr. Nasseh discusses the applications of 3D imaging in endodontic care and its diagnostic and treatment planning aid during clinical care. Should you get a microscope or a CBCT machine? Is 3D Imaging helpful or a mere adjunct? When is CBCT analysis helpful or necessary?
When it comes to your patients, are you truly practicing good radiation hygiene and how do you know? Get the facts from a board-certified radiologist and understand the truth about risks and benefits of dental x-rays. In this CE webinar, you’ll learn how to make educated decisions that are in the best interest of your patients and provide you with the appropriate diagnostic information.
New materials and technologies enable us now to consider treatments that were previously considered impossible. This CE webinar will cover how bioceramic materials have changed our definition of irreversible pulpitis and also how we think about single cone hyraulic obturation techniques. In addition new designs of root canal instruments make Shilder’s “envelope of motion” an attainable goal with resultant better contact of the wider parts of the canal while maintaining maximal tooth structure.
Let’s face it there are lots of products to use when it comes to direct restorations. Every year there are new ones or improved ones. It can become quite confusing and overwhelming. With all of the different types of direct materials what benefits could each offer in different situations? In this CE webinar, join me for a discussion on traditional fillings with direct resin, flowables, injectables, glass ionomers, resin modified glass ionomers, bioactives, and more.
Have you ever wondered why the American Association of Orthodontists recommends that Orthodontists begin seeing patients at age seven? Some say seven is too early and that you should wait until all the second molars are erupted before referring. In this CE webinar, find out why the wait and see mindset may cause more problems and ultimately cost more money than referring young patients early.
Crown and bridge products have undergone immense changes and continue to transform our dentistry. Simply asking for a zirconia crown no longer suffices as Y3, Y5, and Hybrid zirconias are part of the decision making process. Dental cements have evolved as well and a new generation of cements give us more and better choices. In this CE webinar, Dr. Auster simplifies the process and makes it easier to choose the correct material and the appropriate cement for each case.
During this CE webinar, we will cover
• The physics and principles of modern Cone Beam Computed Tomography and it’s application in patient diagnosis
• 3D Multiplanar reconstructions. Reformatting CBCT scan volumes based on diagnostic task. Axial, coronal and sagittal views are used to scroll through the volume with Invivo 6/Anatomage
• The 3D anatomy - various anatomic structures of the oral and maxillofacial area and their common radiological appearance using intraoral, extraoral, and cone beam CT images
• How to evaluate the 3D data and pertinent anatomical structures
• The most common lesions encountered in the maxillofacial area - visualize soft tissue and osseous abnormalities in CBCT
• Applications of CBCT in a general dental practice - Endodontics, Implant dentistry, Impacted teeth extractions, Sleep Apnea, TMJ, and more
Upon completion of this CE webinar, the participant will review the following:
• Understanding the clinical differences in zirconia opacities, when, and why
• Choosing the correct type of zirconia with proper lab communication
• Regenerative cementation for durable, comfortable, aesthetic restorations
Implant dentistry can be complicated and overwhelming for many general practitioners. However, with the right tools, and the right education, it can be broken down into X manageable steps making the surgery predictable and final results natural looking and functional. In this CE webinar, learn the ideal implant workflow for your first implant cases in this course with 35 year veteran and Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
One person every hour of every day dies of oral cancer – with a death rate in the United States of 40,000 deaths/year. It is the 6th leading cause of cancer deaths in men in the USA. Practitioners have many questions that arise as they introduce oral cancer screening into their practices. The purpose of this CE webinar is to familiarize the general dentist or specialist with the steps and procedures to perform when an oral cancer screening exam indicates potentially abnormal tissue. Biopsy procedures will be presented for those dentists who are considering doing biopsies themselves.
Upon completion of this CE webinar, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the cause of decay in older adults in nursing homes
• Identify and recommend solutions for the prevention and treatment of caries in older adults in nursing homes.
• Discuss access to oral care for older adults in nursing homes
• Describe products that can impact and improve the overall health of the aging mouth
There are many questions about what the delivery of oral health care will look like in the future. Will infection prevention protocols change? If so, how? Will the changes be permanent or short term? This CE webinar will examine the infection prevention strategies that are unique to dental hygiene procedures, including aerosols produced by mechanical scalers, slow speed handpiece asepsis, preventing cross contamination during periodontal charting and more.
While these are challenging times for our profession they may also provide us with the opportunity to reflect on our clinical practice. Class II restorations can be unpredictable, time consuming, and the least enjoyable part of our clinical day. Injection molding, using the prescriptive steps outlined in the Bioclear Method, is designed to deliver consistently high-quality clinical outcomes. It’s quite simply fun to do. This CE webinar will introduce you to injection molding and provide you with an opportunity to order a hands-on Class II Injection Molding kit, with follow-up instruction provided at a later date, by registering for a virtual lunch & learn.
This CE webinar will review sterilization monitoring during instrument reprocessing. After briefly addressing key steps in instrument reprocessing, we will address mechanical and chemical indicators and their roles. The CE webinar will then focus on sterility assurance. Recommendations and best practices in spore testing (biological indicators) in the dental setting, risk reduction and potential sources of errors will be discussed.
The world of contemporary fixed prosthodontics requires continuous adaptation to both new procedures and new products. This CE webinar will outline numerous treatment options, restorative materials, and luting protocols that are currently available, as well as the communication systems that exist between clinician and ceramist to aid in the achievement of successful patient outcomes.
In this CE webinar, the participant will review:
• 2D vs 3D scans, differences
• Benefits of 3D technology
• Factors in selecting CBCT (resolution, FOV, IQ, scan time, s/w, integrations, fit into practice)
• Examples of usage: Endo, perio, implant, ortho, oral, pedo, TMD, Sleep, etc
• Considerations for elderly, children, pedo (sitting vs. standing)
• Merging data sets DCM and STL
• Limitations of Cone Beam (no carries etc)
• Radiation Concerns
Upon completion of this CE webinar, the participant will understand:
• Recommended settings (example separately for i-CAT and OP3D such as resolutions, low dose, Endo, Implant, RCT, suspected fracture, etc)
• What FOV, resolution settings for specific clinical needs
• How the patient should be positioned
Tooth wear and microfracture is caused by a number of different factors, such as pathological wear caused by bruxism, the physiological process of aging, trauma caused by social factors, and poor dietary & lifestyle choices. Nano-ORMOCER technology is a brilliant solution for biocompatible, conservative, painless, and efficient treatment for all ages and varieties of patients that may step into your office. In this CE webinar, learn how this "one size fits all" product category is a great pairing with all phases of dentistry and has raised the bar in aesthetic dentistry standards.
It’s difficult for team members to succeed when they have no idea what’s expected of them. Instead of working toward specific goals and doing their part to move the practice forward, they’re stuck in place wondering which way they should go. If you want happy team members who excel at their jobs, it’s up to you to provide the direction they crave. Learn the most successful performance measurement models based on individual jobs.
Glass ionomer and resin modified glass ionomer materials are invaluable for a variety of different types of restorations for your pediatric patients. Whether you are needing to place a fast, transitional, reparative or definitive filling, these are great materials. They are quick and easy to place and versatile. In this CE webinar Dr. Cohn will present multiple techniques to place effective and efficient restorations using both glass ionomers and resin modified glass ionomers for the children in your practice.